In total Celtic Heroes has 19 servers which is a major issue for an MMORPG that doesn’t allow cross world travel. Back when I started playing CH in 2011, if memory serves me correctly, there were at least 15 servers and for a fairly new MMORPG in the market that was still a lot of servers and I fear that Odyssey will fall under the same fate CH did if they follow the same server layout and approach CH did which would be a major shame.
- CH never allowed server transfers of players even though players requesting server transfers goes back as far as 8 years
- If you wanted start on a new word you would have to be starting from absolutely nothing which is a brutal thing to do
- Instead of there being a global economy which is more beneficial to a game each world has there own economy
- As players come and go player counts will obviously fluctuate which means some worlds may suffer extremely from low player counts and interactivity, leading to ghost servers
- Top players / guilds will dominate the one world leaving no competition for bosses / raids
I could go on with this list but that is just what I experience from playing CH over the years. I know there was a post similar to this one which got a reply with a dev Q&A which I’ll quote here
MMORPG: Will the game launch with multiple servers or use a megaserver?
James York: The game will use multiple servers. However, we plan to use a variety of server approaches to keep the world busy and full of players.
That response is fairly vague and different meanings can be taken from what was said. I just hope that we can travel between worlds instead of being permastuck in worlds.
Apologies if this has already been answered, I am new to the forums and didn’t find anything about this topic.