What Loot based system do you want to use?

Roll based: Highest roll receive that item if they meets the raid and item requirements.

Vote based: Individuals will vote to see which person get the item that meets the raid and item requirements.

KIll point based: Keep track of points earned by attendance and the individual uses those points in exchange for an item they meet the requirements for. (I know a decent cite if you end up going this route. Just pm I’ll send you link.)

Comment below which you prefer and why.

6 Likes

Roll based to keep it fair

4 Likes

I would like to see a same system what was in Warhammer online, a base point from participating, then roll.

2 Likes

If there were raid logs available showing all the aggro, heals, damage after each raid then it would be good way to see the contribution of all in the raid

4 Likes

For games like this is go roll based on need vs greed to keep the emotions out of it like vote based.

2 Likes

Random based, like Celtic Heroes.

5 Likes

Vote Based can be abused, so no thanks.

2 Likes

I feel like everyone has their different preferences so the devs should leave it up to each mercenary group to decide for themselves. personally i prefer Kill points since they reward effort and everyone can progress at their own pace.

6 Likes

Kill points like DKP? The issue is if your guild has 80 members and the raids are 12 man-20 man there are going to be a lot of people sitting on the sidelines not getting the full amount of points others get. Especially if the raids go on long lock out timers.

2 Likes

Roll based system, keep it so players at or exceed the requirments to equip the item can obtain. This keeps looting system fair in my opinion, if there are any objections, please tag my name in your comment. If you agree please share!

2 Likes

I like the systems in Guild Wars 2 and Elder Scrolls Online, where everyone gets their own personal loot. That way no one argues about drops or has to worry about trading items.

7 Likes

If you mean who the drops from the boss should fall to, then I feel it should be random, because I believe each individual group/house/clan/team (whatever the group of players who play together is called in this game) should be able to decide for themselves what works for them as far as distribution after a kill. If this game doesn’t work in a way that allows that, then my next choice would be rolling.

My observation in several games has been that if drops fall based on a dkp system it tends to make players whose class, gear, level, limited playing time creates limits on their damage, then they get discouraged and stop playing. If you aren’t already the strongest, highest level, best geared etc. you’re consistently getting nothing.

3 Likes

Roll based to keep it simple, unbiased and fun.

5 Likes

It is simple and unbiased but fun is subjective. When I played WoW dkp was fun for me because I was in on every raid and every dungeon and did all the donations. But I’m sure that wasn’t fun for those who weren’t as active.

1 Like

I feel rolling is best since it applies to all who are of requirement and allows those players to get drops. However I would like it to be class roll, e.g. an archmage can’t get an engineer drop etc.

3 Likes

What about a system where drops just go right into ones inventory? You can only get drops that can be used by your own class and there is no rolling process.

2 Likes

If two people of the same class were in the party a roll would still be needed.

2 Likes

No lol. Not for 40 man raids…

You got to have a system to fair distribute loot.

2 Likes

In other games that do this they handle the rolls behind the scenes and every single person gets some form of loot.

1 Like

I personally like the roll based loot, while it is very RNG it is still fair to all players that want to roll for the item. Coming from Order and Chaos we used to roll for good drops when in groups and if the other person wanted it we would just decline the roll and they would get it. Yes, it can be abused and used for trolling but I’ve never experience that and it would be a minority but imo it’s the way to go.