Tank discussion

Hey there, whoever is reading this post! I came over checking the classes and found out this game will have 2 tanking classes ( slayer, warrior priest ) Which one would you fellow tanks choose?

I am a tank in most of RPG’s and ive never run to an rpg to make me hesitate to choose a class in the beggining, cuz i usually just go for something which can become an “impossible to kill machine” but here i see my favorite race (dwarfs) and humans both can be tanks! Sounds amazing, but the only concern i have, do both of these classes have the same tank possibilities? Or one of them is way more unkillable tank then the other one.

And what are your tank clues for the game?

It’s hard to say what the benefits of each will be, but I think it’ll come down to the buffs for each. I feel like Slayer will be an aggro machine, but I’d guess the Warrior Priest will have a lot of healing/etc buffs.
Looking forward to trying both out though!

1 Like

I think for good group Aggro, slayer sounds like it would be better. But I think warrior priest will be good as a main tank/ support role

1 Like

The way I understand the game structure is that it is the traditional setup where you have to have a tank, healer and DPS class in order for a group to function. Is this everyone else’s assumption? I find it unique that with so few class choices that they would have two tank options. Can anyone add clarity to this?

1 Like

With the way the subclasses work, I believe there’ll be a pretty good variety of playstyles. It does seem that there will be 2 tank subclasses, but it would seem their approach would be different. More eventual information may make that distinction clear (mostly conjecture at this point), but I could see either of them working well as a utility tank, but could see the situational benefits of each (going off of the anticipated abilities): WP would likely make a better raid-tank for big bosses, while I could see Slayer being better for a group that would encounter lots of smaller mobs (slug fest vs aggro machine). This is just a rough idea for now, but it’s fun to consider!

1 Like

Good tanks are usually in short supply in other mmorpg in my experience. Splitting that into situational subgroups will be interesting to say the least.

1 Like

Your idea there sounds quite like a fundament VR is going for on warhammer. And it sounds really cool! I guess i will have to make two tanks if it will be working that way ahahaha

It seems like they are aiming for this system. I cant wait to get my hands on actually trying it out. Im actually suuuuper excited to see dungeouns and workflow they will have applied to them. And man i wana tank mobs from this game so badly ahahaha

Also another good point. What do you think, will they add like a small skill tree for WP for shield skills, or i shouldnt even hope for that, since its just mobile game :face_with_monocle:

Also, if WP are tanks what class heals? Are there pure healers or hybrids only? As long as it functions im cool with it. The only thing I hate is when classes are useless.

1 Like

I think with the subclass system you can spec a WP as a healer or a tank, I believe there is also a Slayer-Tank subclass and an Archmage healer subclass.

1 Like