Is the combat system gonna stay static?

Just saw a gameplay and wanted to know if you guys will keep the combat static or change it to freely moving combat at global launch☺️

1 Like

Combat won’t change. There’s enough action oriented games you can choose from, this one is a classic mmorpg with oldschool gameplay. Static, slow paced and tactical.

There is nothing tactical about static combat, it’s quite the opposite really. You sit in one spot and attack. Slow paced for sure, which is boring. Old school games were slow because of their technological limitations. Any enjoyment that comes from it nowadays is pure nostalgia which doesn’t last forever.

1 Like

You’re wrong. Already there are 3/4 skull bosses, if you don’t use your cooldowns and potions properly, you’ll die. And that’s just beginning of the game. There will be more complex encounters once we reach level 50 with debuffs, snares and other mechanics. Don’t need action combat for engaging fights - see GW1. It’s similar. Try clearing end-game areas by just ‘sitting in one spot and attacking’… You won’t get too far.

This is mobile, not PC. If you’ve played CH then you should know how it turns out. Spamming skills and potions until the boss dies. Timing skill casts is not a challenge at all because there are never any other threats since combat is static and bosses have to be designed in such a way that allows for players to sit in one spot and attack. It’s bare bones boring gameplay. The game will already be limiting enough, it’s no Guild Wars.

Guild Wars has only 8 skills, so paradoxically we can get even more complex combat cause we have access to 12 slots here.

I’ve never played CH. I’m just saying that with current systems in place, it’s totally possible to make exciting and engaging encounters. It’s all up to devs how they design them.

‘Timing skill casts is not a challenge at all because there are never any other threats since combat is static and bosses have to be designed in such a way that allows for players to sit in one spot and attack.’

I’ll give you some examples. Let’s say there is a raid boss and one of mechanics is to stun/interrupt his ability otherwise there’s a wipe. Or dps check phase where everyone saves their cooldowns and burn the boss to avoid enrage. Or splitting your raid to time kill adds. All possible with static combat. And there can be a lot of movement involved while avoiding stuff, you just can’t use skills while running, that’s it. I like it better anyway, one action at a time.

1 Like

CH has done all of those things and bosses are still extremely lackluster. VR tried to make a more dynamic boss fight but it failed because of static combat. All the “difficulty” that comes from a mobile game with static combat is buffed up hp/dmg, not the mechanics themselves. None of the bosses are really a challenge, the only challenge is gathering enough players to cut down the massive amounts of hp a boss has in a poor attempt to make the boss harder.

1 Like

It just doesn’t work all too well, not sure why people struggle so much to admit/accept it lol.

1 Like