Is it just me or does WH suck?

Is it just me, or does the Witch Hunter royally suck? I’ve tried getting into it, it’s my favorite idea for a character and I really would like to play the class. But holy moly, I die at every turn, I never have energy, if I get a mob of two I’m probably going to die. It has become a very frustrating class. How are people level 40 witch hunters? What’s the trick? I’m tired of dying and progress is at a crawl. I gave up and made a Shadow Warrior and can destroy enemies. Any advice??

2 Likes

Wh is the most suckable character right now, abilities require a lot of energy apart from the first skill. A couple of abilities don’t work at all ( the miss aura and the mass blinding ability). After level 30, you can farm and swing only in the party, and even then the healers get tired of treating you forever, and the tanks redirect the monsters that run after you. The developers are not so hilo mocked those who chose the character WH. Unfortunately, I also have a Wh 40 and abandoned it, because I was tired of being a tail dependent on other characters to once again not die .

1 Like

I’m hoping it gets a much needed update, for a mainly DPS character it definitely sucks. I tried playing it but once I grinder my way to the forest I quit quick.

2 Likes

I had high hopes for witch hunter but the constant need for food and repairs stopped me from progressing at level 39. No food left and the repair cost takes 3+ gold every time. I spent all my time collecting and repairing until I was broke.

2 Likes

Having leveled a WP to 24 now (WH is 37)…WH definitely bad, or WP is just super easy…Idk, but the self heal alone is such a quality of life option. Anyway, WH only build option for solo is to max quick shot and veteran. The whole idea of marks and spending them on abilities really doesn’t work since mark has a huge CD and we don’t have enough talent points to actually access all of the options. You can see what the design is supposed to be, but none of it works. Costs too much mana, requires too many points, and nothing lives long enough to even use half of it.

My build is max quick shot, max veteran, and rank 4 flourishing strike while putting the last few points into mark. basically just quick shot spam and mark + flourishing does huge damage to elites if you’re solo.

Anyway, the class definitely sucks solo. Takes an asinine amount of damage and can only afford quick shot as a damage dealer. Has zero self sustain and requires a massive investment just to take 10% less damage… The upside to WH is that nobody plays it so you can more easily get 2x XP groups to level. I’ve leveled from 28 to 37 purely in groups at 39 mobs. Even at 28, i have people messaging me for XP, and i just stood there doing nothing.

All in all - the class needs major sustain / defensive / mana cost buffs in its final talent options, or just raw buffs to what it already has.

2 Likes

I had to redo my stats and pump points/find gear with leadership and wounds. I’m sitting at around 800 energy and 4100 health and do fine but it does come at a sacrifice of some damage. I’m farming the 38-40 1-2* dark elves and make it through 8 before having to rest. I use knee cap which allows 2 quick shots and a press the advantage before I have to close in and go toe-to-toe. I run out of energy around the 8th mob but still have half life left.

1 Like

Good to know, thanks for the advice!

Only the other
characters farm 42 45. And elves 39, wolf, snake, spider 39-41 in general on the autoclicker