How will factions/guilds work?

New to Warhammer in general, thus I have a wee bit of a noob question here, lol.
I keep on hearing about factions and guilds, but I’m a little confused. Is there a difference between the two? Are they player-run clans like in CH? Or are they different races we will meet/fight against? I read one of Diffy’s posts about meeting factions that’ll give us some trouble along our journey.

1 Like

Not claiming to know anything on this, but as I understand it, guilds function like clans in CH; they’re player ran conglomerates for mutual benefit.
Factions are more aligned to a class’s race/alignment (I think). I’ve done a bit of reading on some wikis on Shadow Warriors specifically, and it’s great at clarifying origins and motivations as well as primary foes. (still eagerly awaiting the SWar Lore post @Daedalus).

1 Like

So if Dwarves and Elves are separate factions, in-game would they be fighting against each other?

Doubt it because of balance reasons. If both races had mirror classes then yeah that’d work. If there’s going to be PvP based factions I imagine it’ll be something like in Ch where players can choose which faction they’d like to join, and then VR would just add PvP elements where players would fight the opposing faction(s). A faction vs faction PvEvP area would be really cool

1 Like

Very good point. I wasn’t really thinking that everyone would be fighting against each other at first, but hearing about “guilds,” “factions,” Diffy’s post about factions giving us trouble, and the tension between Dwarves and Elves, I wanted to be sure.

Thank you both @Mind and @Zkills for your replies!

1 Like