Auto-Play: How do you all feel?

The current trend in almost all modern day mobile MMOs is to have the game feature some auto-play. Auto-play takes players from quest to quest and will fight monsters with basic instincts. Typically as you power up in the game you are able to complete low dungeons while on auto but once you hit raid content and once you get to PvP it is almost impossible to use auto because it isn’t smart enough to do proper ability rotations or step out of red circles where enemies use harder hitting attacks. How do you all feel about auto-play being a possibility for Warhammer: Odyssey?

1 Like

Based on every post Ive seen from u on reddit it sounds like there will be an auto play system.

1 Like

It is the most hot button topic issue this side of pay to win. I haven’t implied there will be auto-play. I am asking how others feel about it. Is it a deal breaker? The only question above was how do you feel about it being a possibility for this game. Would you mind answering that?

1 Like

I think its a horrible decision. And I can already assume it’ll happen. If it does happen ofc to a minimal degree.

3 Likes

Thank you for answering the OP in this message. If you have time it would be awesome if you could elaborate. If not I completely understand not everyone has free time. What is it specifically about auto play that would make this a horrible decision? My favorite MMO on mobile was Order and Chaos Online and it did not have auto-play at all. I played it for about three years but the developers stopped supporting it. I have since played many that feature auto-play and it hasn’t really affected me one way or the other.

2 Likes

I don’t mind auto play settings for things like cooking and farming but for raids, dungeons, and battles etc it would be a big thumbs down for me.

4 Likes

I agree. Some games disable auto completely in those settings. Others still have it enabled but the AI is so poor that if you try to run a raid on auto you wipe really fast. If you tried to PvP on auto it would be over shortly after it started. I will likely be in a guild/company that runs most content together so we won’t have to worry about anyone who uses auto during bigger moments.

2 Likes

Absolutely thumbs down to auto play. I enjoy games with the all to well known grind included - that’s what keeps me playing. If even the first half of the game is auto play I would likely delete it and never look back.

I will only play this game if it has no auto play.

Every game with auto play gets boring within 2 hours tops

2 Likes

It depends what the auto play is used for. For certain stuff that u can chill on yes then auto play is fine, but auto farming and auto lvling such is boring for the game.

2 Likes

As much as I hate grinding (and I really do hate it), I hate auto play even more. Def won’t play this game if that’s the case.

1 Like

I will download the game, then quickly uninstall it if there are any auto-play features.

1 Like

I once played an auto-mmo Crusaders of Light where you didn’t get exp at all for “grinding mobs”. They also didn’t drop items. You could still farm mobs for achievements but they did nothing other than provide titles at that time.

1 Like

There is no point in playing an auto play game. You aren’t really playing.

1 Like

This has happened to me many times where the mobile MMO has an amazing trailer on youtube so I decide to download it and give it a shot. But the existence of any autoplay in a game is inherently repulsive. It is as if the developer does not value player gameplay experience. Autoplay is often coupled with energy systems to promote cancerous micro-transactions.

I see two problems with auto-play:

1. Seeking and finding your objectives are fun. Whether it’s a certain quest giver you’re looking for, or a certain mob, I think it’s fun to have to look around a bit. It makes it more exciting when you actually find them.

2. People play an MMO (as opposed to a single player RPG) because they like being in a world filled with other like-minded people, walking around, looking for mobs or resources to gather. The world feels more genuine, less alone. When you see another player walking around, it’s pretty cool to know that there is a person controlling that character, and if you wanted to, you could walk up to them and ask them something, or just dance a little jig in front of them and probably get some kind of reaction. If a game has auto-play, even if you don’t use auto-play yourself, I think it really takes away from the genuine feel of the world. It feels like you’re walking around with a bunch of automatons; it feels kind of lonely.

Please, please consider a game without auto-play. Instead, take the money and man hours you would have spent on the auto-play system and spend that on more content!! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is correct to a point. You can’t do PvP, higher dungeons, or any raids while on auto. This would allow you to do quests and craft typically.

1 Like

Completely agree on this point. Having spent time on mobile in both auto and non auto mmos, the auto ones feel very lonely outside of dungeons/raids/pvp and guild chat. If you were just randomly doing quests you typically understood that everyone around you was auto playing and probably not checking their phones.

1 Like

Auto play would make me not want to play any game

Great news everyone! No auto! @Criminal

6 Likes