Another cash grab

As we all know, all mobile games have some gimmick and end with it being a cash grab. I don’t know of any mobile game that isn’t. Anyone here think this -won’t- be a cash grab, if so, why? Why do you think this mobile game will be different than the pack already out?

This is where gaming is going because it makes more money, sad time to be a gamer. Hate to see the Warhammer name tarnished yet again by greed.

2 Likes

Well first I would need you to define cash-grab. To me, a cash-grab is a game that is here to make a lot of money in a short period of time and then disappear. Do I think there will be a cash shop? Absolutely! But with the game not scheduled to release in 2019 we have the ability to respectfully tell/share our opinions to the developers on what is too far or where the line is when it comes to acceptable cash shop. The game isn’t going to be subscription based as its a free to play MMORPG so a cash shop of some kind is inevitable.

1 Like

I think any game that revolves mainly around making cash and not the playerbase is a cash grab. Now, there is a fine line. All companies need to make money in order to produce new things for the playerbase, time is money and so is manpower. Nonetheless, I think most ppl whom are gamers for a long time can differ when a game is a cash grab or one that cares for playerbase. From the current experience, cash grab does definitely sound like the direction, but we’ll have to see if theres hope.

3 Likes

Are you implying I was hired by VR to advertise their game? I haven’t seen really anyone advertising it but me.

1 Like

I’m not against a game trying to get players to spend money. The only things I dislike are when games make it so only certain items are obtainable by buying the games currency and the people who spend money get a big advantage over the people who don’t.

3 Likes

I think one thing that has worked well in free to play games is letting people purchase “cosmetic only” items, like armor or pets. This lets people who would like to spend some money on their gaming enhance their experience, but it does not give them an unfair advantage. I also think it’s okay if people spend money on experience bonuses. They progress faster, but I don’t feel like it’s unfair.

If it’s a great game, and I’m having a great time playing, I really want to support it with my dollars. By spending money, I feel like I’m contributing to the game, helping to make it better. It’s always nice to get a little something in return, a “thank you gift” of sorts. But it shouldn’t be something that gives me a huge advantage over people who don’t want to spend any money.

The truth is, even people that are playing and never spend a penny are very valuable. A game needs players, they’re the life blood of any online game. Simply logging in and spending some time in the game helps make the experience better for everybody. People who play a game and never spend any money at all should still feel like valuable members of the community, because they are. Especially if they play the game a lot and contribute in other ways, like starting a guild, or being helpful in the game.

6 Likes

If you want to play a mmorpg that isnt a cash grab. Try Adventure Quest 3D.

2 Likes

well I will explain my personal experience here … in my country, OldSchooll Rune Scape is played a lot today and that is why they discovered that by selling the game currency they can earn money in real life and by the economic situation of my country that has helped many people, however the game if they do not know it is free but also has a paid membership which has different prices at the convenience of the player … if you play for free you can only take advantage of 30 or 20% of the game if you pay you have all the full options … many play for months in free and then as in my country it is not easy to have dollars the game has an option to pay a small membership of 15 days with the payment of the same currency in the game … and that little membership gives you the same advantages as premium members … it doesn’t affect anything else, it doesn’t affect the leveling up faster or the character’s status … I see it fair and reasonable.

2 Likes

I’ve never felt leveling up faster in a PVE based game is a huge advantage. If we were fighting each other, sure. But if the player standing next to you in a dungeon is 6 levels higher than you it’s just going to help you get through the dungeon faster and get better loot.

1 Like

I imagine that yes it would be completely acceptable

2 Likes

If they put out a subscription fee or a the silver, gold, platinum, card membership like some games do

I’m all down for it I would pay to be a subscriber to get better benefits like more free currency every day or what ever they decide their currency is gonna be I’ll pay to get so much every day

A lot of games are doing it you collect like a hundred silver spoons or a hundred gold spoons a day depending on the memberships

spoons being just the example of a make believe currency for paying this much for a membership card to receive so many spoons

Or maybe a lifetime membership like some games are doing pay 25.00 and you set as long as the game is going and you get so many of this or that every day for the life of the game

1 Like

I’d be ok with it depending on what the spoons can buy. Nothing pay to win.

1 Like